Sunday, June 14, 2009

My life in Thailand

 

This waterfall is in the middle of a mall near us.  It's pretty sweet!


Kira and I decided we wanted to dive into the pool at the bottom of the waterfall!

Getting to the mall we decided to travel Thai Style: see how many people you can fit into the back of a pick-up truck.  It was fun to see all the looks we got from the Thai people as a bunch a forangs (white people) passed them on the streets.  Their faces would go from emotionless, to surprise then they would usually yell one of the English phrases they knew at us and wave.This man is making Roti.  We love to buy Roti from him, not only because he's adorable, but also because his Roti--flat bread, fried, and then drizzled with condensed milk and sugar, is like eating a little piece of heaven!  NO JOKE!!!  It's so amazing!

On our adventure to the mall we found a very comfortable massage chair.  If it hadn't been for one of the other teachers, Chris dragging me out of it, I may still be there. 
These are the four of us girls who live in our apartment together enjoying some bowling.  On the left is Bridget, then Amanda, then Kira, and then me!  They are all GREAT!!!

Oh how I do enjoy Kira!Well friends and family,  As you can see I have not been bored since I've been here!  God has blessed me with so many fun, friendly people!  He has already given me so many adventures!  I can't believe I've only been here two weeks.  I'm starting to pick up on some of the language, and feel more like I might be able to go do something small on my own.  In fact, today I went shopping at Big C and took a took took home by myself!

This upcoming week is pretty relaxed.  We don't start school until Thursday, so I have until then to finish lesson plans and to get my classroom set up.  There's so much to do still, but at least I've got some time to do it!  If I don't have time to write more before, please be praying for me on my first day of school!  It's kind of scary to be teaching my first day as a new teacher, at a new school, in a new country.  Pray that I will keep remembering that my reason for being here is to share Jesus with these kids!  Pray that God will open up their hearts to hear the truth!  I love and appreciate you all!  If there's anything I can pray for you about email me at jillnielsen86@gmail.com   God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Fun post Jill. Keep it up, it is good to hear how you are doing and how we can pray for you!
    Delight in Him
    The Jordan's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    I'm just loving reading this blog of yours!It looks as if you are having so much fun. I will be praying for you this next week that God may grant you His strength. "'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12:9b-10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Glad to hear that you are doing so well. It looks like it has been really tough on you ;) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In fact, today I went shopping at Big C and took a took took home by myself!"
    What's a took took? but whatever it is, I'm glad you were able to take one on your own :)

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I'm also glad your abstinence is still as strong as ever. Meanwhile, here in America, we've been smoking plenty of alcohol. Seriously. It's crazy. Everybody's doing it. It's like a game in the Kindergarten classes. Even the teachers are into it.
    Haha just kidding. Keep up your amazing awesomeness!! I love you.
    I also love that waterfall in the mall... I wish it were easier to find a job at my age... I can't find one >_<

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, there's the pictures! LOL. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers